Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Dancer and the Sky

I found her laughing,
while the surf chased her ankles,
with the sky in her eyes,
and her hair in tight fankles,

I was caught as the tide,
fell in awe of her soft skin,
lightly kissing the sand,
caught and pulled in.

So tear up my caution,
Throw shame to the winds,
Follow through the sea,
and her rejected bounty,
If I could change,
If it was possible to rewrite the world,
and give each other starring roles,
The Wind and the Ocean,
The Sand and the Surf,
If she could change,
If she danced a different dance,
even for me,
Here on the boundary between two worlds,
I would be a broken thing,
Empty and poor.

So tear up my wishes,
I held them to my shame,
Follow through the hard truth,
And accept what shouldn't be changed.
Delighted as the rain came down,
arms thrust to the hard grey,
in benediction of her love,
asking me to stay.

In the darkest of times.

And as I turn to leave,
she catches my sleeve,
And just before our lips meet,
Her soft voice warm against my cheek,
Rain is where the land kisses the sky.
Then she stops dancing,
And we learn to fly,

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites